TSP TBI Power Kit 300
This package fits all KTM 300 SX & XC, Husky 300 TX, and Gas Gas EX models with the new 300 TBI (Throttle body injection) engine.
Please note that the new 2024 XCW/TE Enduro models require a different head and ECU tune. See the Power Kit for those models here.
This package includes:
- A billet TSP head (cap and insert)
- Reflash of your stock ECU with refined power valve settings, improved fuel and ignition maps developed by TSP.
- Head O-ring & Washer Kit
- A new NGK BPR8EIX spark plug, better suited to the improved power the engine makes with this kit
This package makes a huge difference to the 300 TBI over stock, with some key features being:
- Drastically improved throttle response in the whole RPM range
- Both Green & White maps are tuned and the stock map switch works like normal to select between the customized maps.
- Smoother throttle response
- Much better part throttle power
- Better fueling. Some areas are crisper than stock for better throttle response, and some areas are richer for improved reliability.
- Smoother power delivery and much more enjoyable to ride
For the first time since the release of the first fuel injected bikes back in 2018 we are offering 3 different ECU tunes for the 300 SX/XC/TX models. This is because these bikes are being used in a wide range of conditions from high level MX through to Hard Enduro. The demands from riders on these engines is very broad and what is best suited to MX is not at all suitable to hard enduro. The 3 ECU tunes available are:
- HARD ENDURO (HE) – The Green Map is the more aggressive of the 2 maps with White being softer. Both maps give better part throttle power than stock but its delivered in a more usable manner. The green map revs out better for faster open sections or hill climbs, while the white maps is softer for very technical riding.
- TRAIL (TR) – The Green map is more aggressive and is taken from the MX Tune. The White Map is softer and richer and is taken from the HE tune. This is a very versatile tune which gives the rider a broad range of performance through both the green and white maps. This is ideally suited to trail riding or cross country racing where the rider occasionally wants a softer map for more technical terrain.
- MOTOCROSS (MX) – The MX Map basically has 2 aggressive maps… the Green map is the properly tuned map which gets maximum performance, while the white map is a slightly softer/safer map with a bit more fuel and a bit less ignition advance and is ideally suited to higher compression heads or deep sand riding where the normal Green tune may be a a bit too crisp.
As usual we offer a range of cylinder head options for this Power Kit. are as follows:
- MEDIUM COMP – this head suits the majority of trail riders and racers who want better bottom and mid power and a small gain up top as well. The power delivery is much stronger and more tractable than stock and suits a wide range of riding conditions. To be used with 91 or higher octane fuel.
- HIGH COMP – this head suits riders who want harder hitting power everywhere, especially down low. It completely transforms the TBI into a weapon. This head may push the limits of normal 91 octane pump fuel at sea level under severe conditions, but can be used in normal trail riding conditions safely in order to achieve maximum bottom/mid performance. If you are using this head at sea level for MX, deep sand riding or in very cold weather we would suggest running the softer/richer White map and/or some slightly higher octane fuel. Its not ideal for Hard Enduro due to the aggressive low end delivery and the higher tendency to increase heat in the engine during very tight, technical slow riding. This head can also be used at elevations above 4000′ to approximately replicate a medium compression head at sea level. Above 4000′ it is perfectly safe for pump fuel.
All TSP mods are designed and dyno tested in-house at TSP so you can be sure you’re getting reliable performance for local conditions.
Note: In order for us to reflash your TBI ECU, please ship us your ECU with a copy of a work order form, and be sure to include your bike’s VIN # on the work order form. We are not able to flash your TBI ECU without the VIN #.