The TPI Power Kit package will transform the power delivery of your TPI. The Power Kit includes the following:
- A new 2 piece TSP CNC machined cylinder head in Low, Medium or High compression ratios.
- Reflashing of your STOCK ECU with improved fuel, oil and ignition maps developed by TSP. We modify both Map 1 and Map 2, with a more noticeable difference between the maps compared to the stock maps. Both maps have more oil everywhere compared to stock. Map 1 is the fully tuned map delivering maximum performance. Map 2 has less ignition advance and more fuel than Map 1 and is softer everywhere. Map 2 is the ‘safe’ map we suggest using for prolonged high speed riding, deep sand, or if you want to temporarily reduce power in very technical terrain.
- A new NGK spark plug, better suited to the improved power the engine makes with this kit
- 50 mm bolt and spring necessary to do the ‘idle screw mod’. Not always necessary to install but we supply it just in case.
This package makes an astonishing difference to the TPI and offers the following gains over a stock bike:
- Much more torque at low/mid revs, where you need it most, with a nice increase in power higher up in the rev range as well.
- Drastically improved 0-1/2 throttle performance
- More oil than the stock maps for improved reliability. The stock 20/21 maps give significantly less oil than the previous year models.
- 2 ignition maps: hard and soft. The stock map switch works like normal to select between the customized maps.
- Much smoother, crisper power delivery at part throttle.
- Much less ‘pipe bang’… this is the annoying “dang, dang, dang” noise the engine makes on deceleration. Its generally harmless but very annoying and makes some stock TPI bikes unpleasant to ride at times.
- Safer air/fuel ratios at high rpm and large throttle openings so the engine is safer during prolonged high speed running
- Better throttle response and much smoother power delivery
- You can ride in a higher gear with lower revs in many situations and use the extra low end torque to get you places with less wheel spin and much less clutch work
There is no change to reliability with this setup. The ignition maps, air fuel ratios and combustion chamber designs are similar to those we have run very successfully for years on modified carb models. After all, the TPI engine is basically identical to the previous carb engine, except for the fuel injection system. As a result, we know exactly what it can or cant handle in terms of performance mods.
In order to change the stock ECU data we have spent hundreds of hours developing our own process for accessing, changing and reloading the ECU data. TSP was the first to develop a tuned package for the TPI bikes and we have years of experience testing and tuning fuel injected 2 strokes prior to the release of the TPIs in 2018.
All ECU features work normally, including oil injection, fan and warning lights. There are no issues with hard starting and no need to tune via apps or software. Just install and ride!
We provide an idle setting bolt that can be installed if you feel the need to change the idle speed or air screw setting after fitting the kit, however the vast majority of bikes will run fine without it.
This kit provides a very robust tune, and has been developed to work with the stock exhaust and any after market exhausts as well. The head and ECU give a WAY bigger gain in performance than any aftermarket exhaust can offer, and there’s no trade off by taking power from one area to improve power in another, as usually happens with pipes.
We supply installation instruction plus recommended settings for the air screw and power-valve preload adjuster. All our TPI packages are designed to work with premium pump fuel of 91 octane, assuming you choose an appropriate compression ratio for your elevation.
This is the ONLY complete solution currently for sale on the market that addresses all the necessary TPI issues… head, ignition and fuel. It is also the MOST COST EFFECTIVE solution by far. All other solutions are either more expensive or only tackle part of the problem. In order to address all the necessary issues using other parts you would need a programmable ECU, an aftermarket head, a new plug and an idle screw. Buying all these separately adds up to roughly twice the cost of our package!
The 250 TPI kit is available in the following combustion chamber designs:
- LOW COMPRESSION (XC-W/XC/SX, TE/TX/TC and MC models): This new Low comp design provides a very smooth power delivery suited for extreme hard enduro, or for riders are looking for a very soft and linear power delivery without a hit. The low comp head does allow the engine to rev up very quickly and the over rev is impressive. Best for riders who don’t have much need for extra bottom end power. It is a slightly higher comp ratio than the stock XCW/TE enduro heads and it is suited to the enduro models only.MEDIUM COMPRESSION (XC-W/XC/SX, TE/TX/TC and MC models): The new Med comp design is the new “Go-To” head for most 250 riders. It is the best all-round design for the majority of enduro riders from 0-4,000 ft elevation. It can also be used on the SX/TC models where the motors are revving very hard and require smooth mid-range power gains and lots of over-rev. Higher compression ratio than stock but still works fine with 91 octane fuel. Gives a very noticeable increase in power throughout the rev range, especially bottom/mid. Gives much smoother power delivery than stock. Squish clearance is much tighter than stock.HIGH COMPRESSION (suits SX and TC models): The new High comp design is best suited for the SX/TC models. It can also be used on the enduro models at altitude above 5,000 ft. Works fine with 91 octane fuel at higher elevations. Squish clearance is much tighter than stock with an improved dome design. Provides impressive power increase everywhere, especially in the bottom and mid range, but still produces a much smoother power delivery than stock.
HOW TO ORDER:
- Purchase the TPI Power Kit by placing an order on this web site
- Input your bike information
- Select your desired combustion chamber
- View Shopping Cart to verify order
- Proceed to Check Out – enter your contact info, shipping info, and payment – click “Place Order”
- Send us your stock ECU with a copy of your completed “Work Order Form” download form here
- Shipping info is included on the “Work Order Form”
- Include a copy of the “Work Order Form” in the box with your ECU
- Once we receive your ECU and your completed “Work Order From” we will reflash your ECU and return it with the appropriate head, spark plug and idle screw.
- Expected turn-around times are two days from the time we receive your ECU and “Work Order Form” to when it gets shipped back to you.
When you are ready to ship your ECU to us its a good idea to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know its on it’s way. Please be sure to specify your make/model/year in the Model Validator to ensure proper fitment.
Roman (verified owner) –