This listing is for an ECU tune to for KTM and Husky 300cc TBI 2023-on Models
The ECU tune makes a huge difference to the 300 TBI over stock, with some key features being:
- Drastically improved throttle performance in the whole RPM range
- Both Green & White maps are tuned and the stock map switch works like normal to select between the customized maps.
- Smoother throttle response
- Better fuelling
- Much more enjoyable to ride
For the first time since the release of the first fuel injected bikes back in 2018 we are offering 3 different ECU tunes to suit the 300 SX/XC models. This is because these bikes are being used in a wide range of conditions from high level MX through to Hard Enduro. The demands from riders on these engine is very broad and what is best suited to MX is not at all suitable to hard enduro. The 3 ECU tunes available are:
- HARD ENDURO (HE) – The Green Map is the more aggressive of the 2 maps with White being softer. Both maps give better part throttle power than stock but its delivered in a more usable manner. The green map revs out better for faster open sections or hill climbs, while the white maps is softer for very technical riding.
- TRAIL (TR) – The Green map is more aggressive and is taken from the MX Tune. The White Map is softer and richer and is taken from the HE tune. This is a very versatile tune which gives the rider a broad range of performance through both the green and white maps. This is ideally suited to trail riding or cross country racing where the rider occasionally wants a softer map for more technical terrain.
- MOTOCROSS (MX) – The MX Map basically has 2 aggressive maps. The Green map is the properly tuned map which gets maximum performance, while the white map is a slightly softer/safer map with a bit more fuel and a bit less ignition advance and is ideally suited to higher compression heads or deep sand riding where the normal Green tune may be a bit too crisp.
Although the ECU tune can be done on it’s own, doing this ECU upgrade as a package with our TSP insert/head at the same time will offer much better performance gains over stock, and we strongly advise going for our full TBI Power Kit for the best experience. You can view this kit in our “Power kits – TBI” Section.
If you are deciding between our head/insert or an ECU flash, it is advised that you go for our ECU tune first. The ECU flash will enable larger gains than the head/insert by itself as the standard ignition curves are quite soft. There are gains to be made by just swapping the head/insert especially with additional smoothness, but this is best complimented with the ECU flash so you get the most out of the head design.
Note: In order for us to reflash your TBI ECU, please ship us your ECU with a copy of a work order form, and be sure to include your bike’s VIN # on the work order form. We are not able to flash your TBI ECU without the VIN #.