Introducing our 150TPI TSP Power kit with Over Rev mapping!
After many many dyno runs (over 900!) and many test rides, TSP has finally unlocked the ECU’s potential to be able to allow the 150 TPI to rev much higher than before! It can now perform similar to the 150 SX carb models, while retaining the stock injectors and without risking reliability. Our new TSP Over Rev tune for the 150 TPI lifts peak power from just over 10,000 rpm all the way up to 11,600 rpm, with an increase in peak power of over 6hp!! Compared to a stock 150 TPI the Over Rev tune makes more power everywhere above 8,000 rpm and the way it rides is totally different out on the track and in the woods!
The trick to getting the 150 TPI to run at much higher revs lies in the ECU mapping and the exhaust pipe. We have tested extensively with the Scalvini 150 TPI pipe which focuses power higher in the revs, but not quite as high as the SX pipe. The Scalvini pipe gives more mid-range than the SX pipe, but signs off slightly earlier. In our opinion, its a great middle ground, making the Over Rev tune extremely versatile in both high revving situations, as well as slower technical riding. The 150 TPI with our Over Rev tune is one of our favorite bikes to ride. The “fun-factor” is through the roof!!
TSP has developed significant changes to the ECU mapping which allows the stock ECU and injectors to supply enough fuel for the 150 TPI to rev to the moon. This cannot be achieved without changes to the ECU and there are currently no other tuners offering anything like this tune! Running a higher revving pipe with the stock ECU mapping leaves the bikes running extremely lean and the end results can be disastrous.
This package will transform the power delivery of your TPI. The package includes the following:
- New TSP billet cylinder head. We currently offer a single compression ratio which is higher than stock but still very safe for 91-92 octane pump fuel. A complete gasket kit is included with the TSP head.
- TSP heads include a complete head gasket kit.
- Re-flashing of your STOCK ECU with the TSP ERM device providing improved fuel, oil and ignition maps developed by TSP. We modify both Map 1 and Map 2, with a more noticeable difference between the maps compared to the stock maps. Both maps have more oil everywhere compared to stock. Map 1 is the fully tuned map delivering maximum performance. Map 2 has less ignition advance and more fuel than Map 1 and is softer everywhere. Map 2 is the ‘safe’ map we suggest using for prolonged high speed riding, deep sand, or if you want to temporarily reduce power in very technical terrain.
- Scalvini Factory Cone exhaust pipe
- SBMP idle screw and spring, necessary to do the ‘idle screw mod’. Not always necessary to install but we supply it just in case.
- NGK spark plug to match the tune and set up.
This package makes a huge difference to the 150TPI and offers the following gains over a stock bike:
- Much more power at mid/high revs. The bike feels like it revs to the moon compared to a stock 150TPI.
- More oil than the stock maps for improved reliability. The stock ’20 model maps gave a very low oil volume. This was increased on the ’21 stock maps due to a high number of top end seizures in the early models. Our oil maps offer a greater volume than the stock ’21 maps.
- 2 ignition maps: hard and soft. The stock map switch works like normal to select between the customized maps. We also offer a TSP branded map switch available on our web site.
- Much smoother power delivery at part throttle – the part throttle sputter is almost completely gone.
- Much less ‘pipe bang’. This is the annoying “dang, dang, dang” noise the engine makes on deceleration. Its generally harmless but very annoying and makes the stock TPI unpleasant to ride at times.
- Safer air/fuel ratios at high rpm and large throttle openings so the engine is safer during prolonged high speed running
- Better throttle response
*** NOTE: For maximum reliability we strongly recommend updating your 2020 model forged piston to the new design cast piston which is now stock on the 2021 model. The ’20 model forged piston was a bad design, and along with the very low oil volume on the stock ’20 maps it was very prone to top end failures. We offer OEM Vertex cast 150 pistons on our website in a complete top end rebuild kit! When used in conjunction with our updated ECU mapping and head your 150 TPI will have much more power and be MORE reliable than the stock ’20 models.
In order to change the stock ECU data, TSP has spent hundreds of hours developing their own process for accessing, changing and reloading the ECU data. TSP was the first to develop a tuned package for the TPI bikes and have years of experience testing and tuning fuel injected 2 strokes prior to the release of the TPIs in 2018.
We provide an idle setting bolt that can be installed if you feel the need to change the idle speed or air screw setting after fitting the kit, however the vast majority of bikes will run fine without it.
We supply fitting instruction plus recommended settings for the air screw and power valve preload.
Please read the following notes clearly first!
- This Over Rev tune is to be used with TSP Head and a Scalvini or 150SX pipe. This kit is not designed to be used with the stock head & stock pipe design
- This kit is designed for high-revving applications. If you prefer more torque, or riding in the lower RPM range, see our standard TSP 150TPI Power kit
- Please DO NOT use SX or Scalvini pipes on a standard KTM tune (or our normal TSP tune) as the bike runs dangerously lean at higher RPM. This is the only kit available that allows the bike to rev highly while remaining safe to do so
- If you already have our TPI power kit or a Scalvini/SX pipe and want to order this Over Rev tune, please contact us directly and we will manually process your request!
How to order:
- Purchase the TPI Power Kit by placing an online order, and payment method
- Send us your stock ECU with a copy of the order form
- Once we receive your ECU we will re-flash it and return it with the head, pipe, idle screw and spark plug
- Don’t forget to add a complete 150 head gasket kit so you have all new o-rings and seals when installing your new TSP head.