This product fits 2023+ KTM, Husky, and Gas Gas 250 models with the TBI (Throttle body injection) engine.
The models include:
- 2023+ KTM SX/XC 250 TBI
- 2023+ Husky TX 250 TBI
- 2024+ Gas Gas EX TBI
This listing does not fit EXC/XC-W/TE/EC models.
You will receive one (1) cylinder head insert for your make/model, and a cylinder head o-ring and washer kit so you can bolt it straight on.
The TSP insert can be used in conjunction with the TSP Cap as a complete head, or you can use this insert inside your stock cap.
Our key TSP insert features are:
- Drastically improved throttle response in the whole RPM range
- Smoother throttle response
- Much better part throttle power
- Much more enjoyable to ride
TSP head options are as follows:
- MEDIUM COMP – this head insert suits most riders from sea level up to approx. 3,500 feet in elevation. Improved throttle response and a nice increase in power across the rpm range, when combined with the TSP ECU tune. Although this compression ratio is only marginally higher than stock, the improved dome design gives better throttle response and smoother, more linear power delivery everywhere, especially when combined with a TSP ECU tune. The power delivery is stronger and more tractable than stock and suits a wide range of riding conditions. Works well with 91 octane fuel.
- HIGH COMP – this head insert is higher compression than stock and provides significant increase in bottom end and mid range torque. Suits expert/pro level MX at sea level with higher octane fuel OR trail riders and intermediate racers at sea level with 91 octane pump fuel. This head insert is ideal for elevations above 3,500 feet, and may push the limits of 91 octane pump fuel at sea level under certain conditions, but can be used in normal trail riding conditions safely in order to achieve maximum bottom/mid performance. Likewise, intermediate racers who are not revving hard all day can get away with this head insert at sea level on pump fuel. If you are using this head insert at sea level for faster MX, deep sand riding or in very cold weather we would suggest running the softer/richer White map and/or some higher octane fuel. This head insert can also be used at elevations above 3,500′ to approximately replicate a medium compression head at sea level. Above 3,500′ it is perfectly safe for 91 octane pump fuel under any conditions.
Our Heads/Inserts work best when used together with an ECU reflash. It is highly recommended doing an ECU tune at the same time to get the best results. For maximum performance, see our TSP TBI Power Kit.
All TSP mods are designed and dyno tested in-house at TSP so you can be sure you’re getting reliable performance and quality products.
Note: In order for us to reflash your TBI ECU, please ship us your ECU with a copy of a work order form, and be sure to include your bike’s VIN # on the work order form. We are not able to flash your TBI ECU without the VIN #.