The TPI Power Kit package will transform the power delivery of your 2019 300 TPI. The Power Kit includes the following:
- A new 2 piece TSP CNC machined cylinder head in Low, Medium, High or Very High compression. See below for more detailed explanations of each compression ratio.
- Reflashing of your STOCK ECU with improved fuel, oil and ignition maps developed by TSP. We modify both Map 1 and Map 2, with a more noticeable difference between the maps compared to the stock maps. Both maps have more oil everywhere compared to stock. Map 1 is the fully tuned map delivering maximum performance. Map 2 has less ignition advance and more fuel than Map 1 and is softer everywhere. Map 2 is the ‘safe’ map we suggest using for prolonged high speed riding, deep sand, or if you want to temporarily reduce power in very technical terrain.
- A new NGK spark plug, better suited to the improved power the engine makes with this kit
- 50 mm bolt and spring necessary to do the ‘idle screw mod’. Not always necessary to install but we supply it just in case.
This package makes a huge difference to the 300 TPI and offers the following gains over a stock bike:
- Much more torque at low/mid revs, where you need it most, with a nice increase in power higher up in the rev range as well.
- Drastically improved 0-1/2 throttle performance
- More oil than the stock maps for improved reliability
- 2 ignition maps: hard and soft. The stock map switch works like normal to select between the customized maps.
- Much smoother power delivery at part throttle. The part throttle sputter is almost completely gone.
- Much less ‘pipe bang’. This is the annoying “dang, dang, dang” noise the engine makes on deceleration. Its generally harmless but very annoying and makes the stock 18/19 TPI unpleasant to ride at times.
- Safer air/fuel ratios at high rpm and large throttle openings so the engine is safer during prolonged high speed running
- Better throttle response, and a much smoother power delivery.
- You can ride in a higher gear with lower revs in many situations and use the extra low end torque to get you places with less wheel spin and much less clutch work
There is no change to reliability with this setup. The ignition maps, air fuel ratios and combustion chamber designs are similar to those we have run very successfully for years on modified carb models and the 18/19 TPI models.
In order to change the stock ECU data we have spent hundreds of hours developing our own process for accessing, changing and reloading the ECU data. TSP was the first to develop a tuned package for the TPI bikes and we have years of experience testing and tuning fuel injected 2 strokes prior to the release of the TPIs in 2018.
All ECU features work normally, including oil injection, fan and warning lights. There are no issues with hard starting and no need to tune via apps or software. Just install and ride!
We provide an idle setting bolt that can be installed if you feel the need to change the idle speed or air screw setting after fitting the kit. However, the vast majority of bikes will run fine without it.
This kit provides a very robust tune, and has been developed to work with the stock exhaust and any after market exhausts as well. The head and ECU give a WAY bigger gain in performance than any aftermarket exhaust can offer, and there’s no trade off by taking power from one area to improve power in another, as usually happens with pipes.
We will supply install instructions plus recommended settings for the air screw and power-valve preload adjuster. All our TPI packages are designed to work with premium pump fuel of 91 octane, assuming you choose an appropriate compression ratio for your elevation.
This is the ONLY complete solution currently for sale on the market that addresses all the necessary TPI issues… head, ignition and fuel. It is also the MOST COST EFFECTIVE solution by far. All other solutions are either more expensive or only tackle part of the problem. In order to address all the necessary issues using other parts you would need a programmable ECU, an aftermarket head, a new plug and an idle screw. Buying all these separately adds up to roughly twice the cost of our package!
Combustion chamber designs for the 300:
- LOW COMPRESSION – this head was designed to suit extreme enduro riding or for riders who are more interested in smoothness over power gains. It offers strong bottom end torque with a very smooth delivery that won’t break traction too easily. It enables the rider to use lower revs and less clutch when tackling hard obstacles.
- MEDIUM COMPRESSION – this head is our top seller for the 300 and suits the majority of trail riders and racers who want better bottom and mid power and a small gain up top as well. The power delivery is much stronger and more tractable than stock and suits a wide range of riding conditions. best suited to run on 91 octane fuel from sea level up to 4,500 ft.
- HIGH COMPRESSION – this head and suits riders who want harder hitting power everywhere, especially down low. It completely transforms the TPI into a weapon. Also best suited for normal trail riders who live at higher elevation from 4,500 ft and above. Best with 91 octane fuel.
- VERY HIGH COMPRESSION – this head design suits very high elevation riding above 6,000 ft. When used at the appropriate elevation it will give similar results to the Medium or High Compression heads near sea level.
HOW TO ORDER:
- Purchase the TPI Power Kit by placing an order on this web site
- Input your bike information
- Select your desired combustion chamber
- View Shopping Cart to verify order
- Proceed to Check Out – enter your contact info, shipping info, and payment – click “Place Order”
- Send us your stock ECU with a copy of your completed “Work Order Form” download form here
- Shipping info is included on the “Work Order Form”
- Include a copy of the “Work Order Form” in the box with your ECU
- Once we receive your ECU and your completed “Work Order From” we will reflash your ECU and return it with the appropriate head, spark plug and idle screw.
- Expected turn-around times are two days from the time we receive your ECU and “Work Order Form” to when it gets shipped back to you.
When you are ready to ship your ECU to us its a good idea to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know it’s on its way. Please be sure to specify your make/model/year in the Model Validator to ensure proper fitment.