The TPI Power Kit package will transform the power delivery of your TPI. The Power Kit includes the following:
- A new 2 piece TSP CNC machined cylinder head in Medium or High comp.
- Reflashing of your STOCK ECU with improved fuel, oil and ignition maps developed by TSP. We modify both Map 1 and Map 2, with a more noticeable difference between the maps compared to the stock maps. Both maps have more oil everywhere compared to stock. Map 1 is the fully tuned map delivering maximum performance. Map 2 has less ignition advance and more fuel than Map 1 and is softer everywhere. Map 2 is the ‘safe’ map we suggest using for prolonged high speed riding, deep sand, or if you want to temporarily reduce power in very technical terrain.
- A new NGK spark plug, better suited to the improved power the engine makes with this kit
- 50 mm bolt and spring necessary to do the ‘idle screw mod’. Not always necessary to install but we supply it just in case.
This package makes an astonishing difference to the TPI and offers the following gains over a stock bike:
- Much more torque at low/mid revs, where you need it most, with a nice increase in power higher up in the rev range as well.
- Drastically improved 0-1/2 throttle performance
- More oil than the stock maps for improved reliability. The stock 20/21 maps give significantly less oil than the previous year models.
- 2 ignition maps: hard and soft. The stock map switch works like normal to select between the customized maps.
- Much smoother, crisper power delivery at part throttle.
- Much less ‘pipe bang’… this is the annoying “dang, dang, dang” noise the engine makes on deceleration. Its generally harmless but very annoying and makes some stock TPI bikes unpleasant to ride at times.
- Safer air/fuel ratios at high rpm and large throttle openings so the engine is safer during prolonged high speed running
- Better throttle response and much smoother power delivery
- You can ride in a higher gear with lower revs in many situations and use the extra low end torque to get you places with less wheel spin and much less clutch work
There is no change to reliability with this setup. The ignition maps, air fuel ratios and combustion chamber designs are similar to those we have run very successfully for years on modified carb models. After all, the TPI engine is basically identical to the previous carb engine, except for the fuel injection system. As a result, we know exactly what it can or cant handle in terms of performance mods.
In order to change the stock ECU data we have spent hundreds of hours developing our own process for accessing, changing and reloading the ECU data. TSP was the first to develop a tuned package for the TPI bikes and we have years of experience testing and tuning fuel injected 2 strokes prior to the release of the TPIs in 2018.
All ECU features work normally, including oil injection, fan and warning lights. There are no issues with hard starting and no need to tune via apps or software. Just install and ride!
We provide an idle setting bolt that can be installed if you feel the need to change the idle speed or air screw setting after fitting the kit, however the vast majority of bikes will run fine without it.
This kit has been developed to work with the stock exhaust and almost makes aftermarket exhaust systems obsolete for the TPI. The head and ECU give a WAY bigger gain in performance than any aftermarket exhaust can offer, and there’s no trade off by taking power from one area to improve power in another, as usually happens with pipes.
We supply installation instruction plus recommended settings for the air screw and power-valve preload adjuster. All our TPI packages are designed to work with premium pump fuel of 91 octane, assuming you choose an appropriate compression ratio for your elevation.
This is the ONLY complete solution currently for sale on the market that addresses all the necessary TPI issues… head, ignition and fuel. It is also the MOST COST EFFECTIVE solution by far. All other solutions are either more expensive or only tackle part of the problem. In order to address all the necessary issues using other parts you would need a programmable ECU, an aftermarket head, a new plug and an idle screw. Buying all these separately adds up to roughly twice the cost of our package!
The 250 TPI kit is available in the following combustion chamber designs:
- MEDIUM COMPRESSION – this head and ECU tune suits the majority of trail riders and racers who want better bottom and mid power and a small gain up top as well. Much tighter squish clearance than stock. The power delivery is much stronger and more tractable than stock and suits a wide range of riding conditions. Suited to 91 octane fuel. This setup maintains a great spread of power and still revs out freely up top.
- HIGH COMPRESSION – Requires 91 octane fuel. Squish clearance is much tighter than stock. Gives maximum bottom/mid power but less over-rev than the medium comp head. More aggressive power delivery down low and tractors up hill climbs with ease. Makes your 250 feel like a 300 down low but the bike overall still feels light and more flick-able like a 250. This is the setup we run on our 2020 250 TPI and its the most versatile bike we’ve ever owned! At high elevation above 5,000 ft will run similar to the Medium Comp design at sea level.
HOW TO ORDER:
- Purchase the TPI Power Kit by placing an order on this web site
- Input your bike information
- Select your desired combustion chamber
- View Shopping Cart to verify order
- Proceed to Check Out – enter your contact info, shipping info, and payment – click “Place Order”
- Send us your stock ECU with a copy of your completed “Work Order Form” download form here
- Shipping info is included on the “Work Order Form”
- Include a copy of the “Work Order Form” in the box with your ECU
- Once we receive your ECU and your completed “Work Order From” we will reflash your ECU and return it with the appropriate head, spark plug and idle screw.
- Expected turn-around times are two days from the time we receive your ECU and “Work Order Form” to when it gets shipped back to you.
When you are ready to ship your ECU to us its a good idea to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know its on it’s way.